Head deep into the Andes , exploring the Peruvian treasures. From sultry Lima to one of the New Wonders of the World, the incredible Machu Picchu. Discover the beautiful Arequipa going to the depth of the Colca Canyon and then experience the floating islandat Titicaca Lake, the highest lake in the world.
PRICE: From USD 1,473.00 (min. 2 persons travelling together)
|DEPARTURE TIME||Early Morning|
|INCLUDED||English speakers tour guides. Locally based professional bus drivers.
Accommodation: Two nights in Lima , two nights in Cusco , one night inOllantaytambo, Two nights in Puno , One night in Chivay, two nights in Arequipa city.
Tours and Activities: Group excursions as detailed on program, shared excursion on Titicaca Lake, entrance fees
Transportation: Train, tourist buses.
Meals: 10 breakfast, 10 lunch.
|NOT INCLUDED|| Air ticket Lima / Cusco,Arequipa / Lima.
Meals not mentioned in the program.
Expenses of personalnature : laundry, phone calls, health or health insurance.
Additional expenses for change of program in case of illness.
Extra expenses in case of cancellation or delay of flights, trains or buses.
Extra expenses in case of change of program due to nature unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control such as extreme weather conditions, landslides, flooding, earthquakes, strikes, robberies, etc.
Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 62.00 USD and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
General information and recommendations
- Reservation: Since the number of trekking permits is limited to 500 per day (about 200 tourists and 300 trekking staff) it is important to book well in advance – especially in the high season between May and September. In the low season between December and January, it is possibleto get a ticket about 20 days in advance.
- Passport details: Please make sure that your passport is valid for the time you intend doing the Inca Trail. Furthermore, assure that the passport’s details you send us via email, such as the passport’s number, your name etc., are correct. Changes on short notice will complicate the entrance to Machu Picchu.
|Location||Arequipa,Peru, Lima,Peru, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Puno,Peru|
|Destination||Arequipa, Cusco, Lima, Puno|
Day 1- Arrival in Lima
- Arrive at Lima International Airport where you will meet by Sports Travel representatives and transfer to the Hotel in the Ocean’s district of Miraflores.
- Arriving at Hotel you would have a Welcome cocktail with Pisco Sour. The Hotel is only few blocks from the Pacific Ocean. The afternoon is left free to explore the surroundings of coffee shops, stores, restaurants, parks and museums.
Day 2- Lima City Tour
- After breakfast you will be picked up from your Hotel to start the Lima City Tour. You will start the journey in the colonial heart of Peru’s huge sprawling port capital, once known as the City of Kings.
- Our guide will take you to the Plaza of San Martin and Plaza Mayor, both surrounded by imposing and spectacular examples of Latin American Colonial architecture including Lima’s great cathedral, the Government Place, and City Hall. Afternoon would be at leisure to explore Miraflores . You could visit Museums or take an optional tour.
Day 3- Lima to Cusco City
- After an early breakfast you will be transferred to Jorge Chávez International Airport for a short internal flight to Cusco, once the capital of the Inca Empire, now an elegant, thriving city with strong connections to both its indigenous and colonial past. On arrival a Sports Travel representative will pick you up from the airport to the Hotel in the City .
- Afternoon a guided tour of Cuzco and its surroundings, taking in the city’s most impressive monuments. We visit the Cathedral, and ‘Koricancha’ – the magnificent Inca Temple of the Sun, ceremonial center of Sacsayhuaman. LeavingSacsayhuaman we visit the well preserved Inca sites of Quenco, PukaPukaraand Tambo. Transfer to the selected hotel in Ollantaytambo
Day 4- Sacred Valley Tour
- Today you will take a full day excursion of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Leaving Cusco by bus we cross the hills dividing Cusco from this fascinating center of Quechua culture. The magnificent snow covered Vilcanota Mountain Range dominate this landscape. We visit the market town of Pisac, overlooked by an impressive Inca fortress, Ollantaytambo a charming agricultural town surrounded by vast Inca Terraces Lunch is included in a Countryside restaurant. Arrive at our comfortable Hotel in Ollantaytambo.
Day 5- Ollantaytamboto Machu Picchu
- Early in the morning we transfer to the train station and board the train service to AguasCalientes, the small town located beneath the spectacular ruins of Machu Picchu World Heritage Site. On arrival in AguasCalientes we take a tourist bus to the truly Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, a site straddling mountain top at more at 2380 meters above sea level and surrounded by misty cloud forest covered peaks and incredible views on all sides.
- After a guided tour of the site you will have time to explore the ruins on your own and if you are feeling energetic there is the possibility of climbing Huayna Picchu peak, the distinctive steep sided mountain overlooking Machu Picchu. Returning to AguasCalientes we board the train to Cusco.
Day 6- Cusco to Puno
- Today we make the journey across the Altiplano from Cusco to Puno. Early morning we transfer you to the bus station to board a tourist bus to Puno. We will break the journey to visit scenic and historic points of interest such as the Temple of Wiracocha and Andahualillas church. Buffet lunch is included. On arrival to Puno, the evening is free to explore the city.
Day 7- Titicaca Lake Tour
- Today we begin our full day excursion to Titicaca Lake. Early morning our guide will picked you up from the hotel and transfer to Puno to ride in a boat into the lake. In the journey will visit the famous ‘floating islands’ of the Uros tribe before continuing to the scenic Taquileisland. After the tour, will transfer to your hotel in Puno.
Day 8- Puno to Chivay (Arequipa)
- Early morning we will transfer you to the bus station to board a tourist bus to Chivay. Today we make the journey across the Altiplano from Puno to Chivay, the entrance point to the Canyon. Two spectacular volcanos, the highly active Sabancaya and the huge Ampato (6,288) dominate the skyline around town.We break our journey to visit scenic point of interest to take pictures such as Lagunillas to see birds. Buffet lunch is included. On arrival at Chivay the evening is free to explore the town. .
Day 9- Chivay to Colca Canyon
- Early departure to the “Condor Cross” the best vantage point to admire the Colca Canyon and the majestic Andean Condors in flight. Which are the world’s largest flying birds with wingspans of up to 3 meters. On the way back to the lodge, you will visit some picturesque Andean towns in the Valley to observe the ancient agriculture terraces that have been in use in the Canyon for centuries. Afternoon journey by bus to Arequipa. Transfer to comfortable hotel in Arequipa.
Day 10- Arequipa City tour
- Arequipa is built out of a pale volcanic rock called sillar, the old buildings dazzle in the sun, giving the city its nickname – the ‘White City’. In the morning our representative will pick you up to begin a guided tour to the city’s historic highlights, including the Monasteriode Santa Catalina which was built in 16th Century. Arequipa is overlooked by three towering volcanoes and we visit the Yanahuara Square for a good view of the cities surrounds. The rest of the day is free time to explore by your own.
Day 11- Arequipa to the Next Destination
- At convenient time transfer from your Hotel to the selected location to continue your journey. We recommend to head to Nazca, Paracas or Huacachina Dunes.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card ´ISIC´.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Operator cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside Operator control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. Operator will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates.